The National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) regulates the manufacture, import, and marketing of cosmetics in Malaysia. All cosmetic products related to skincare, haircare, color cosmetics, etc., must be registered with the NPRA before they can be marketed in Malaysia. For any foreign cosmetics product manufacturer, it is mandatory to have a local entity or local presence in Malaysia to carry out Regulatory services and NPRA registration procedures. Companies that are responsible for placing cosmetic products on the market are known as Cosmetic Notification Holders ("CNH"). Cosmetics notifications will be submitted using the Quest 3+ Online System.
Evaluation of the dossier starts after the payment of the registration fee. Once an import license is obtained, the product can be imported to Malaysia for sample analysis. After the evaluation of the dossier and sample analysis, approval/rejection of the product is notified via the Quest 3+ system.
- Product Classification
- Formulation/Ingredient Analysis
- Claims Review
- Label Review
- Cosmetic Notification in Malaysia with the NPRA
- Cosmetic Product Registration
- Product Information File (PIF) Compilation
- Ministry of Health (MOH) Audit Consultancy
- Cosmetic Notification Holder (CNH) Services
- Quest Membership Registration
- Cosmetic Safety Assessment Report as per the ASEAN Region
- Regulatory Intelligence