Cosmetic Product Registration in Malaysia - Overview
Current import trends depict a growing curve for cosmetic products in Malaysia. All cosmetic products in Malaysia which are intended to be marketed and distributed in the local market are required to be notified by the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency Malaysia (NPRA) through NPRA cosmetic product registration Malaysia, formerly known as the National Pharmaceutical Control Bureau (NPCB). The country’s voluntary HALAL standards and regulations cover all aspects of cosmetic products, including production, ingredient sourcing, manufacturing procedure, storage, packing, and logistics. This makes cosmetic product registration in Malaysia an extremely tedious process, potentially impacting the ROI and the time taken for the procedures. For a cosmetic product notification, a cosmetic license registration is required in Malaysia. There must be a locally incorporated company, i.e., a license holder or a Cosmetic Notification Holder (CNH) in Malaysia, who should act as a single point of contact on behalf of the foreign brand owner.
With in-depth Regulatory knowledge of cosmetics in the Malaysian region, Freyr not only assists companies to understand and align with the NPRA cosmetic guidelines but also acts as a local agent to ensure that approvals are obtained quickly. We liaise with the NRPA [ the local Health Authority (HA)] for quick query responses and to mitigate other approval roadblocks.
Cosmetic Product Registration in Malaysia - Freyr Expertise
- Cosmetic product classification.
- Cosmetic formulation/ingredient analysis.
- Cosmetic claims review.
- Cosmetic labeling review.
- Cosmetic notification in Malaysia with the NPRA (NPRA notification).
- Product Information File (PIF) compilation.
- Ministry of Health (MOH) audit consultancy.
- Cosmetic Notification Holder (CNH) services.
- Quest membership registration.
- Cosmetic Products Safety Report (CPSR) services as per the ASEAN Region.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI) services.
Cosmetic Product Registration in Malaysia - Freyr Advantages
- End-to-end Regulatory services for cosmetics.
- Cosmetic product registration in Malaysia.
- Strategic contact with the local Health Authority – NPRA.
- A qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetic categories such as skin care, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
- Local presence in Malaysia.
- Cost-effective service, with quick turnaround and faster time-to-market.
- Assistance in region-specific legislation and guidelines.